Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Saturday Is the Big Day!


Sorry I missed my Friday check-in, but I was just too busy ... exercising!  Yes, I'm still at it and have not missed a day of exercise since 4/7.  There were a couple of nights when it was a little tricky, but I felt your eyes in the sky, so to speak, scowling away any excuses.

The Sacramento Komen Race is this Saturday morning, May 7 at Cal Expo.  If you have pledged $1/day toward my exercise promise, I assure you with confidence that I won't flake out in these final few days. If $30 is too much, remember that every little bit is appreciated, even $1. I have over 1000 contacts, so if everyone donates $1 it will set me far over my goal.

To make a donation online please click here: Laurie's Komen Page.

If you prefer to donate directly to a local breast cancer support center, please do.

Our Team is from Save-ourselves.org, which has been providing information, support groups and a hotline to the Sacramento area for almost 20 years. You can make a direct donation by clicking on that link.

Not only will you be supporting a fabulous cause, but you have motivate me to exercise, a habit I know reduces my risk for breast cancer.

Once was enough.  And if you don't exercise, I encourage you to give it a try.  Really, it's not so bad once you make a commitment.  Another motivator for me:

“Failure to exercise a minimum of 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes each time
is the equivalent of smoking one pack of cigarettes each day.
...exercise is no longer just good for you, it is bad for you if you don’t exercise.”
Surgeon General, July 11, 1996.

The rebounder has become a permanent fixture in our living room.  Dave has become deaf to the eeeeeee-eeee eeeeeee-eeee of the springs as I jog & jump. Yesterday was so busy that I didn't know where I would find the time, but from 9:30 - 10 pm I exchanged my couch time for bouncing along to a Conan rerun.

Congrats to those of you who have been inspired to get on your own exercise program. 
What are YOU doing? What motivates you?

So, are you in??  If so, comment here or email me.

To make a donation or join our Team click here: Laurie's Komen Page.


You have my continued gratitude for your emails, checks, online donations, and most of all the collective spirit of your support.
Thank you!
Love, Laurie

No comments: