Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Celebration of Gratitude

Posted Nov 27, 2008 10:28am

What a remarkable year this has been, pulsating with the adventure of life itself that makes me more grateful every day, and holds this Thanksgiving as especially significant. You may be wondering, “She was diagnosed with cancer, for heaven’s sake! Is she nuts?” Maybe, but that doesn’t minimize my appreciation of the endless miracles in my life. The cancer was caught at an early stage. I was guided to remarkable doctors and a team of angels for nurses that are helping me heal smoothly and quickly. I am connected to a network of survivors that inspire me to believe this, too, will pass and bring me greater wisdom so I can help those who will unfortunately but inevitably follow.

I have a loving, extraordinary husband and family. And you, my incredible friends, have been unfaltering through all this, surrounding me with the love, prayers, sparkly vibes, decorated heads, cards, gifts from the heart, emails, and most of all the laughter and heartfelt warmth that makes it so easy for me to keep a positive attitude.

Thank you for enriching my life beyond my imagination.

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was "thank you," that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

Love, Laurie